If you registered for the webinar OpenText held a few weeks ago (if you didn’t, maybe you can check Andrey’s post on the subject), you should have received an invitation to some site from OT with a FAQ about the Documentum stack. I’m not going to paste it here, just in case it’s not public, but IMHO, the highlights are:
- Content Server: Aligment with ECD. No new features but trying to move to a microservices architechture. It probably means CS won’t evolve anymore.
- Webtop: Several points on this. Will keep being supported and updated to support latest CS.
- Rest: Every new product based on this. No mention about DFS (I hope it’s dead, unless they decide to update with libraries from this decade)
- xCP: It looks like xCP 1.x support will be over by the end of 2019.
- Support: Still through EMC’s site until the end of the year.
One thought on “Updated roadmap, webinar and FAQ from OpenText Documentum”
The FAQ have revealed a serious problem – it seems that OT guys do not understand the meaning of the “roadmap” word.