This plugin allows to quickly change the docbroker host/port specified in the Composer\plugins\com.emc.ide.external.dfc_1.0.0\documentum.config\dfc.properties. This is useful when working with several repositories or content servers at once, as it saves you the time to manually modifiy this file when you need to access another repository.
I’ve developed this plugin while learning the eclipse plugins framework, so it hasn’t been widely tested, make a backup copy of dfc.properties just in case.
- Composer (tested with 6.5 SP3 based on eclipse 3.4, it should work with any composer based on eclipse 3.4)
- Tested with 6.6 (I’ll try to test it with 6.7SP2)
Installation and configuration
- Deploy the file es.plugins.DFCDocBrokerUtility_1.0.0.jar on your Composer/plugins folder.
- This plugin adds a contextual menu to documentum projects that allows to quickly change the current docbroker in Composer\plugins\com.emc.ide.external.dfc_1.0.0\documentum.config\dfc.properties.
- The list of docbrokers available is configurable from the same contextual menu or from the plugin’s global preferences page.
- The preferences store of the plugin is located in the workspace and can be deleted to reset the plugin state. The full path for the preferences is workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\es.plugins.DFCDocBrokerUtility.prefs
- 1.0.0 Initial release
- 1.2.0 Various bugfixes:
- Added a toolbar button.
- Added Global Repository information.
Global Repository hasn’t been tested. The values are written to the dfc.properties file but I think Composer needs to be restarted to be aware of the changes. You should consider deleting the plugin preferences (located in workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings) before using the new version.
Source Code available at GitHub