Update: Added a sample with the needed modifications, just update com.documentum.dfc_1.0.0\config\dfc.properties with the rigth path and it should work just fine (tested with 6.6 and 6.7sp2 and 7.2)
The following guide contains detailed instructions to configure Repoint in Composer using only one DFC library instance and one dfc.properties for both Composer and Repoint. Once you have both Composer and Repoint deployed in the same Eclipse, you can easily change the repository in use by manually modifying the Composer’s dfc.properties or using the DFC Docbroker Utility for Composer
This has been tested with the latest version of the Repoint plugin and Composer 6.5 SP3.
- Download the Repoint plugin from here
- Unzip the file into your Composer/plugins folder
- Modify the file Composer\plugins\com.documentum.devprog.eclipsePlugin_2.5.0.0010\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF:
(Note that both lines begin with a blank)
- Modify the file Composer\plugins\com.documentum.dfc_1.0.0\plugin.xml:
- Create a dfc.properties file in Composer\plugins\com.documentum.dfc\config containing the following single line with the absolute path to Composer’s dfc.properties file:
- Restart Composer and check that there is a new Documentum Perspective available as well as new views under EMC Repoint. Try starting Composer with eclipse -clean in case something doesn’t work as expected.
- When changing the values of the dfc.properties file it takes Repoint a couple of seconds to be aware of the modification.
- If you get a ClassNotFound error when dumping an object properties you have to modify the Composer DFC plugin (be careful with the indentation and structure of the file)
- Open Composer\plugins\com.emc.ide.external.dfc_1.0.0\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
- Check the Bundle-ClassPath section; the jar file containing the class should be there, otherwise add the path to the file (should be located in Composer\plugins\com.emc.ide.external.dfc_1.0.0\lib)
- Add the package containing the file to the Export-Package section
To fix the aspectj ClassNotFound error those sections should end like this:
- Bundle-ClassPath: (before every line there is a blank)
- Export-Package: (before every line there is a blank)