Some more info on this:
- Documentum 6.6P27/SQLServer
- REST Services 7.0
- App Development info:
- App developed with AndroidStudio
- Compatible with Android 4.x
- Stick to eclipse + android SDK instead of using AndroidStudio (unless until AndroidStudio is mature enough). You’ll save time and problems.
- Programming in Android is a pain in the ass with so many different devices/versions. Apple and xCode wins there.
- Mobile emulators requiere a huge amount of resources. Either find a test mobile phone or get a good development computer with at least 8gb RAM. I think the iPhone emulator runs better in iMacs than the android emulator in PC
- The REST Services package doesn’t come with a POJO/BEAN implementation, so if you plan to use Java you’ll have to code those classes from scratch (boring) to parse the responses (maybe there’s a better/automatic way to do it)
- The query service (used as a workaround to get the job info, as there is no job service) doesn’t allow write queries, so forget about updating objects/executing jobs on demand (unless you want to decompile some class and change some “startsWith(“select “)” to something else)
- The REST services are quite fast, much much faster than DFS, consider this if you need to develop something new.
- Uses SQLite to store preferences
- Remembers connection details
- Added user list
- You can choose what job / user attributes want to show in the details window
- Job options:
- User options:
- Job details:
- User details:
- Modify user properties
- Show/update document properties